A Quick Introduction to DeDupe
Powerful DeDuplication Results for Cleaner CRM
DeDupe Extension for Zoho CRM uses advance AI based approach to find similar records within Contacts and Accounts module. DeDupe forms clusters of similar results which can then be repaired or merged toward a cleaner CRM. The quality of pattern matches can be seen in the examples below.
Fast DeDuplication on Millions of Records
DeDupe finds duplicate clusters within seconds, irrespective of the number of records within CRM. The speed is same when finding duplicates across any listed parameters or their combinations.
Check duplicates across 9 common fields
DeDupe gives the duplicate results by creating smart maps of most important fields in the system like Full Name, Account Name, Mobile, Email etc. Then there are combinations of Mobile + Email and Full Name + Account Name, which are frequently used by our users.
Merge duplicate contact records automatically or manually
Finding the duplicate records is part of the solution, merging them into a single version of truth is the next step. Once the cluster of duplicate records is found, it is important to determine the master record which will lead the merging process. DeDupe takes the results of found duplicate records and presents an option to select the master record and merge the other 'slave' records into it.
Examples of Duplicate Clusters
DeDupe extension extracts clusters of duplicate records from Zoho CRM's modules of Contacts and Accounts, which could comprise of millions of records. Here are some examples. Majority of them are close to real cases of duplicate data found by our algorithm during its usage. The real data has been changed for confidentiality, but the discovered pattern is intact.
Full Name - First Example
Example of Name de-duplication taken from a medical institution in India. Combination of salutations, qualifications and swap of first name and surnames were considered:
Full Name - Second Example
Example of Name de-duplication taken from a warranty registration database in Philippines:
Full Name - Third Example
A powerful example of DeDupe's capabilities. Example of Name de-duplication taken from a database of a South Asian country:
Address - First Example
This is one of the best example of Address de-duplication, highlighted by DeDupe extension within a massive CRM database in India. Not only there are inconsistent abbreviations and spelling errors, the old and new official name of the city has been detected as duplicate:
Address - Second Example
An example of Address de-duplication, from Singapore:
Address - Third Example
An example of duplicate address cluster from Australia. Note the abbreviations and variations of state name captured in duplicate cluster:
DeDupe extension finds mobile numbers in multiple formats and groups the duplicate together. Here's an example of such a group:
An example of Company Name de-duplication, from India:
Name + Mobile Number
Example of 5 duplicate Name and Mobile Number combinations as found by DeDupe extension:
Name: Mohammad Kasim
Name: Mohd. Kasim
Mobile: 0091 98 33 69 06 11
Name: Mhd. Kasim
Mobile: (9833) 690-611
Name: Md. Kasim
Name: Muhammad Kasim
Mobile: 9 8 3 3 6 9 0 6 1 1
The extension groups different Website URLs which refer to the same page in a single cluster. Here's an example of such a group:
DeDupe - Product Details
Current Product Issues
Currently, there are 3 issues with DeDupe's functionality that we would like to inform our users:
1) Merging of more than 3 records in a single step is not possible. This is because DeDupe calls Zoho's record merging feature which does not currently support more than 3 records. It is documented here at Zoho's site. However, DeDupe will show all duplicate records in clusters. The way to address this is to do the merging in multiple steps - Say, there are 5 duplicate records highlighted by DeDupe. Se suggest that we select them for Merging and perform the operation. Zoho CRM will merge only 3 in this pass. After that perform the Merge again.
2) When a record is modified, it might take around 10 minutes to reflect in the index. We are working to reduce to this time.
3) In latest version of Chrome browser, the application does not work in incognito mode. We have informed Zoho Support about it. However, this is not an issue with other browsers.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why do I need DeDupe when Zoho provides a duplicate record list?
There are 3 main reasons why an organization would use DeDupe Extension over Zoho's native DeDuplication functionality -
1) Quality of Duplicates - This is the single most important reason. CRMs usually find duplicates as exact matches. DeDupe is built on algorithms which have been processed and have been trained by studying tens of millions of records. For example, it knows that (a) Bangalore = Bengaluru, (b) NSW = N S W = N.S.W. (c) Mohd. Iqbal = Mohammad Iqbal = Mhd Iqbal = Iqbal, Md. (d) Seven Industrial Parkway = 7 indl pkwy (e) ... and hundreds of more sophisticated examples. This quality drives the organization towards a cleaner database on a different level.
2) Duplicate Parameters - Zoho CRM gives an exact match for 3-4 parameters like Name, Mobile etc. DeDupe Extension currently covers 9 parameters and more will be added in coming weeks. And all the parameters show smart pattern recognition as described in #1 above. This makes the org look at the data in multiple ways and triangulate easily on similar records represented multiple times in the system, thus contaminating the database.
3) Ease of Discovery - Very intuitive interface of similar clusters to be analyzed and merged as compared to a batch report of exact duplicates which is rendered by CRMs. The information of similar records gets frequently updated automatically and there is no need for an organization to run reports periodically. This leads to easy visits to the tab and correcting the data as a regular habit rather than a one-off spring cleaning exercise.
How do I get started with DeDupe Extension?
DeDupe Extension comes with a free one week trial which offers full unrestricted functionality of the application. You can install it from Zoho Marketplace.
After the installation of the extension for the first time, some time is taken by us to prepare your environment. We need this to analyze the data in Contacts and Accounts modules and map their contents for rapid deduplication. Once the environment is set, you will be able to use the system and get results at a fast pace, irrespective of the size of your database.
Tell us about the algorithms that you use for finding duplicates?
The algorithms used for de-duplication within the the extension for Zoho CRM have the foundation of proven data matching frameworks, but have been developed from scratch. These algorithms heavily use fuzzy logic and other probabilistic methods to arrive at decisions. A big emphasis has been on the quality of output, which will remain as the guiding principle in future. The algorithms in current version have been proven after running on millions of actual records. Our algorithms create both exact and fuzzy index for every record. Then it processes the deterministic and probabilistic approaches to a combination which has proven to be more effective.
How can I find duplicates between Zoho CRM and other databases?
It is possible to find duplicate records between Zoho CRM and external databases and even disconnected data files that are outside Zoho environment. This can be done by subscribing to the Enterprise Data Hygiene application of Contactous, which has many more advanced algorithms for data deduplication, real time checks and entity resolution. The system can be customized to fit your requirements.
I am satisfied with the trial. How can I proceed?
Within the DeDupe Extension, please select on Buy/Upgrade option. If you wish to pay through an alternate way, please contact us.
Explain the pricing of DeDupe Extension
DeDupe Extension for Zoho CRM is priced at $1 per 1,000 records within Zoho CRM, per month. Billed annually, the smallest package is at $25/month for 25,000 records. Then there are tiers for 50,000, 100,000 records and more.
The pricing is best explained by this simple example - Say, the Zoho CRM has 45,000 records. Then taking the 50,000 records package would be best to give full coverage of deduplication. However, if the package of 25,000 is taken then only the 1st 25,000 records will be indexed and presented in the results, while the remaining 20,000 will be skipped.
As the number of records increase within the CRM, you can upgrade the package to the next tier. Say, in January, a user signs up for 25,000 records and pay $300 ($25/month x 12) for annual subscription. Let's say that in April, the records reach 40,000 which would require a 50,000 record package. The top up amount for the rest of the year can be calculated as price for difference in number of records x number of months left in the year, ie ($50-$25) x 8 = $200.
For questions or special requirements, please contact us.