Contactous gets accurate data from business cards, tradeshows, events, regional offices, channel partners and transfers it to Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM.
This document will guide you towards a quick and effective evaluation of Contactous. What you access from AppSource is the web based application. This instance has over 500 records of fictitious data. The web-based interface is primarily used by Marketing and Sales.
While the web-based application is a complete solution in itself, its power is seen when used along with the free mobile application that is used by all types of users within an organization. The mobile app is used to access the same contact database and take photos of business cards and physical documents. To download the mobile app, go to the menu in this page and click Resources > Downloads.
Please note that several users could be trying this evaluation version, accessing the same data and even modifying it. Feel free to do that yourself to get a feel of it by adding test data. However, please note that we reset this evaluation database once every couple of weeks during the weekends. Hence, if you make any changes in this test instance, they will disappear after our next reset.
As you access the web application from AppSource, a record is already created for you. However, if you need to see the functionality from another test account then go to www.contactous.com > Login, and enter the system using the following credentials. Note that the above credentials can be used in mobile app too: Company Code: demo-d365 Username: alice Password: morepower
In the web application, you should try to create users, tag them (eg, hot lead, won, critical, strategic etc), create static clusters (like attendees at a tradeshow or RSVP list of an event), build dynamic lists (eg, customers in Manila with designation as CEO), add notes about a contact etc.
The mobile application is used to access the same database. You might want to try to scan a business card from the app and see it find it's way to the back-end in 'Yet-To-Transcribe' tab. This is where the records get picked up by our data entry operators and 4 fields of Name, Company Name, Email and Phone get entered in the non-demo version. Also, try the functionality of searching the records, accessing notes and viewing business cards.
The options of Import/Export, Detecting and Merging duplicate records, adding/customizing fields for your environment, defining users and their permissions, defining company specific regions etc - all are with the administrator. In the above login, the user alice is not an administrators. If you need the access to Administrator, please let us know.
Here are few suggestions to try, during your evaluation of Contactous:
1. Check out a contact called 'Tracy'. Study the notes for this individual. This feature is widely used by Contactous users to enter the details of every interaction with a contact. The same notes can be seen after logging into the mobile app.
2. Check the record of 'City Lake Hotel'. The handwritten mobile number has been captured by transcriptor. This is the power of manually entering the data.
3. To take #2 further, search for 'Justin Chua'. The contact details were given on a paper napkin instead of business card. Accurate data has been captured.
4. Search for 'Janice Toh' and see her cards. This is an example of non-business card document captured by Contactous. You will see a purchased mobile phone's warranty card.
5. Scan a business card from mobile app and see its record in 'Yet To Transcribe' report in web application. In non-demo version, the transcriptor works on this queue to manually enter the data.
6. From the mobile app, try to search for contacts through name, company name, tags or by index.
7. Try to save the contact from search results in mobile phone to your local address book or send the business card by email to a non-Contactous user.
8. Experiment with static and dynamic lists. This is a very powerful feature of the system. The lists can be made for one's own use or shared with other users. Explore the flexibility of tags. Each user can have own tags and can search/segment records based on them.